Background on School-Age Care
For many families, there is a gap between the time that children get home from school and when parents get home from work. After-school programs offer a safe and enriching alternative to leaving children home alone.
- School-Age Child Care Basic Background
Primary Child Care Arrangements of School-Age Children
- Afterschool Alliance
- Afterschool Alliance undertakes research and advocacy on behalf of quality after-school programs in communities. Check out their to0olbox for resources to take action, start a program, work with the media, and more.
- National Afterschool Association
- Sign up for their weekly enews, full of tools for staff development, resources for programs, and links to fun and hands-on activities
- Join NAA as an ambassador member (it’s free!) you’ll get digital access to their magazine, AfterSchool Today, full of program profiles and the latest happenings in the field